Greenleaf Integrative Strategies (www.greenleaf-is.com) provides training and support services to humanitarian and development organizations to enhance the resiliency and performance of professionals working in demanding/overseas environments.
All hires will serve as full-time members of the U.S. Agency for International Development’s Democracy, Conflict, and Humanitarian Assistance (DCHA) Bureau. This hire will be a member of the Office of Foreign Disaster Assistance (USAID/OFDA). This position will be a valued contributor guiding the learning strategy and curriculum development that supports USAID/OFDA staff based in Washington, DC and around the world. Training topics include, but are not limited to the following subjects: new employee orientation, technical sectors (e.g. shelters and settlements, food assistance, economic recovery), grants management, safety and security overseas, and operational stress mitigation.
- FSLA Exempt
- Full time
- Based in Washington DC
- Salary commensurate to experience, and a benefits package
Responsibilities and Duties
• Collaborate with Instructional Design Specialist & Sr. Specialist on e-learning projects, including developing new training and updating existing training
• Design training materials such as PowerPoint presentations, student workbooks, instructor guides, handouts and activities
- Maintain training records and create reports utilizing the learning management system (LMS) and other record keeping systems
- Respond to inquiries and provide outstanding customer service to internal and external training participants (e.g. create new user logins, assist learners with problems)
- Create, follow and improve upon standard operating procedures for the activities of the training unit
- Prepare classroom deliveries (edit and print classroom training materials, set up training rooms)
- Work with external vendors to deliver courses
- Post course processing (tabulate evaluations, final data entry, filing, course updates)
- Organize, design, and host brown bags
- Collaborate with and support other team members
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Skills
- Minimum years relevant experience (varies by highest degree):
- 4-yrs w/Bachelors degree
- 3-yrs w/Masters degree
- 2-yrs w/PhD
- US Citizenship
- Ability to obtain an interim and final Secret security clearance
- Developing training materials such as PowerPoint presentations, student workbooks, instructor guides, handouts and activities, in a professional setting
- Creating and using rapid-development multimedia
- Leveraging gamification and richmedia to enhance e-learning experience
- Familiarity with Adobe CS and/or Actionscript
- Proficient in Articulate Storyline or Captivate e-learning authoring tools
- Experience with:
- International humanitarian and disaster relief
- food aid non-governmental organizations
- military industry
- federal civilian agencies
- Work in fast paced, demanding environments
- Photography / Stock Photography• Experience with learning theory-based design strategies
- Text to speech
- 508 Compliance
- Superior computer skills; high skill level with Microsoft Office Suite (PowerPoint, Excel, and Word) in a network environment; ability to learn new software and databases quickly
- Produces error-free work; maintains a high degree of accuracy even when working quickly
- Highly responsive to client requests
- Collaborates and builds relationships enthusiastically within team and the client organizations
- Flexibility and adaptability to changing client needs
- Self-motivated (i.e., drives projects independently)
- Able to self-manage and multi-task
- Strong at solving problems
- Eager to grow and learn
Benefits and Perks
- annual 3% COLA
- annual bonus based on performance
- medical, dental and vision coverage offered
- 3 weeks paid time off
- 8 annual holidays
- 2 all-staff planning days
- professional development
- weekly mindfulness session
- personal development plan
- personal development stipend
- business casual dress code
Minimum Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the minimum knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; works well in group problem solving situations; uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; edits work for spelling and grammar; varies writing style to meet needs; presents numerical data effectively; able to read and interpret written information.
- Diversity - Demonstrates knowledge of EEO policy; shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; promotes a harassment-free environment; builds a diverse workforce.
- Ethics - Treats people with respect; keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; works with integrity and ethically; upholds organizational values.
- Strategic Thinking - Develops strategies to achieve organizational goals; understands organization's strengths & weaknesses; analyzes market and competition; identifies external threats and opportunities; adapts strategy to changing conditions.
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritize and plans work activities; uses time efficiently; plans for additional resources; sets goals and objectives; organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; develops realistic action plans.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; reacts well under pressure; treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; accepts responsibility for own actions; follows through on commitments.
- Innovation - Displays original thinking and creativity; meets challenges with resourcefulness; generates suggestions for improving work; develops innovative approaches and ideas; presents ideas and information in a manner that gets others' attention.
- Language Skills - Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, proposals, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Mathematical Skills - Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Reasoning Ability - Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to question activities and issues in all functional areas and make sound business decisions based on that data.
- Work Environment - The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The employee will normally work in a temperature-controlled office environment, with frequent exposure to electronic office equipment.
Physical Requirements: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear, and use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. The employee must occasionally lift or move up to 25 pounds. Employee may be required to stand for several hours during training deliveries.
This position description reflects Greenleaf’s assignment of essential functions; nothing in this job description restricts the Company's latitude to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin. We are also an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.