Greenleaf Integrative Strategies (www.greenleaf-is.com) provides training and support services to humanitarian and development organizations to enhance the resiliency and performance of professionals working in demanding environments in Washington D.C. and overseas.
Training Coordinators serve as full-time members of the Training Unit within the Office of U.S. Foreign Disaster Assistance (USAID/OFDA). Training Coordinators are valued contributors, guiding the learner communication strategy and curriculum delivery that supports USAID/OFDA staff based in Washington D.C. and around the world. Training topics include, but are not limited to, the following subjects: new employee orientation, technical sectors (e.g. shelters and settlements, food assistance, economic recovery), grants management, safety and security overseas, and operational stress mitigation.
Responsibilities and Duties
- FSLA Exempt
- Full time
- Based in Washington DC
- Salary $50,000 annually plus benefits package (no negotiation on salary)
- Manage calendars: maintain the annual office-wide learning calendar; schedule rooms for training; re-schedule courses when needed, with input from Training Manager. Coordinate internal team meetings, team schedules
- Track policy changes: Maintain training requirements matrix
- Manage learners: Maintain user database; add and remove users: process applications for courses with applications; manage course waitlists; check the team inbox and reply to requests for training enrollment; produce monthly course announcements
- Maintain and improve databases and reporting: Collate reports (e.g. quarterly reports); perform maintenance on the Learning Management System (LMS)
- Perform general office manager duties, including: : Track inventory of supplies for two office locations; place supply orders, process mail, maintain team records.
- Champion empathetic customer service: Assist staff with training-related questions
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelors’ Degree or equivalent
- 2 years experience
- US Citizenship
- Ability to obtain an interim and final Secret security clearance
- Experience with
- international humanitarian and disaster relief and/or food aid non-governmental organizations
- military industry, or
- other federal agency
- Learning management system (LMS) administration
- Work in fast paced, demanding environments
- Superior computer skills. High skill level with Microsoft Office Suite (PowerPoint, Excel, and Word) in a network environment. Ability to learn new software and databases quickly
- Produces error-free work. Maintains a high degree of accuracy even when working quickly
- Highly responsive to client requests
- Collaborates and builds relationships enthusiastically within team and the client organizations
- Flexibility and adaptability to changing client needs
- Self-motivated (i.e., drives projects independently)
- Able to self-manage and multi-task
- Strong at solving problems
- Eager to grow and learn
Physical Requirements: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear, and use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. The employee must occasionally lift or move up to 25 pounds. Employee may be required to stand for several hours during training deliveries.
Benefits and Perks
- annual bonus based on performance
- medical, dental and vision coverage offered
- 3 weeks paid time off
- 8 annual holidays
- 2 all-staff planning days
- professional development
- weekly mindfulness session
- personal development plan
- personal development stipend
- business casual dress code
This position description reflects Greenleaf’s assignment of essential functions; nothing in this job description restricts the Company's latitude to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin. We are also an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.